Everyone is welcome to join Somer A.C. – whatever your running ability!
Are you just starting out or running for fun? Do you want to improve or keep fit? Are you training for an event or do you simply wish to run with like minded people? Joining a running club can help you achieve all these goals and more!
Come along to one of our regular training nights and give it a go – your first week is free!
What can we offer you?
- Structured training sessions suitable for the complete beginner to the more accomplished runner, delivered by qualified UK Athletics running coaches.
- Affiliation to England Athletics providing insurance while
out running plus a £2 discount on race entries.
- Excellent facilities, track and field (summer only). Indoor Sports hall (Thursday’s). Hot showers, toilets and changing facilities, free parking.
- A chance of 1 of 2 guaranteed London Marathon places.
- Regular Club e-magazine.
- A reason to run during the long, cold winter months.
- 10% discount at many running/sports shops
- Junior & Youth athletes sessions on Thursday evenings. A great opportunity to bring your children along while you train and introduce them to running/athletics (from age 9). Delivered in a fun and challenging way by UK Athletics trained, CRB checked coaches and leaders.
Session costs (payable on the night):
- Members: £2 per week (whether you attend one or two sessions)
- Non-members: First week FREE then £3 per session
- Youth / Junior Members: £2 per week
Annual membership costs (2020):
- Senior Membership – £25 Per Year (17+ Yrs)
- Joint Membership – £45 Per Year (17+ Yrs)
- Family Membership – £60 Per Year (2 Seniors & 2 Juniors/Youth)
- Junior Membership – £15 Per Year
- Youth Membership – £25 per year
Not just a running club!
We also host a wide range of social events during the year including.:
- Winter Wobblers A series of off road runs from local pubs. Predict your time and win prizes.
- Family Running Weekend A family camping weekend in Charmouth every July where adults and Juniors participate in the Charmouth Challenge race.
- Summer Pub Run & BBQ Spend the day running in the countryside from pub to pub followed by BBQ. Fancy Dress optional!
- Fish & Chip Run Enjoy a nice summer evening run through beautiful countryside followed by a well earned meal of Fish & Chips!
- Presentation & Awards Evening Celebrate your successes during the past year with good food, music and entertainment.